Bulk Planning Does Not Consider Capacity Limit of an Equipment Group Within An Equipment Group Profile
Last updated on FEBRUARY 09, 2018
Applies to:Oracle Transportation Management - Version 6.2.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When there is a Capacity Limit on one of the 2 equipments in an Equipment Group Profile and the capacity is already used up for that Equipment Group, Order does not plan with the other Equipment Group in the Equipment Group Profile.
It is expected that the Order should plan with the other Equipment Group in the Equipment Group Profile
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Create Capacity Group (Operations Planning -> Capacity Management -> Capacity Group - New -> TEST_Cap_Grp and associate Service Provider TEST_SP)
2. Create Capacity Limit TEST_Cap_Limit-1 on Equipment Type 45FT DRY VAN (associated with Equipment Group 45FT DRY VAN) for 1 and TEST_Cap_Limit-2 on Equipment Type 48FT DRY VAN (associated with Equipment Group 48FT DRY VAN)
3. Create Rate Offering TEST_RO and associate Service Provider TEST_SP and associate the Capacity limit TEST_Cap_Limit-1 to the Service Provider.
4. Create a Rate Record using the above Rate Offering.
5. Create 2 Order Releases TEST_OR_A and TEST_OR_B and constraint it with appropriate Early and Late Pick up date as well as a generic Itinerary, Equipment Group Profile that contains the above 2 Eqp Groups as well as the Service Provider. Set the Date Emphasis to Past so that this test can be performed on future dates as well.
6. If you perform Bulk Plan for just the order TEST_OR_A, it will plan with the 45FT DRY VAN which is the expected choice.
7. If you then Bulk plan Order Release TEST_OR_B, it should plan with 48FT DRY VAN, but it does not. As per log, it seems like it first chooses the 45FT DRY VAN, but later rejects it because the capacity limit is already reached.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms