Disabled/ Inactive Components Show On BOMs And Within WIP Material Requirements
Last updated on MARCH 08, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Bills of Material - Version 12.1.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Disabled/ Inactive components show on Bills of Material (BOMs) and within Work in Process (WIP) material requirements.
Expected that inactive components will no longer have requirements on work orders.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Create a BOM B1 with components C1 and C2.
2. Make C1 inactive in the manufacturing organization.
3. Validate that the BOM is not changed and continues to show C1 as an active component
4. Create a job with that BOM
5. Release the job
6. Validate that C1 is on the components of the job in material requirements
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms