Last updated on SEPTEMBER 11, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Payables - Version 12.1.1 and later
Oracle iSupplier Portal - Version 12.1.1 and later
Oracle Payments - Version 12.1.1 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
There are two similar conditions, both of which are addressed by the same code fix solution. Both conditions can potentially cause confusion for users who periodically End Date bank account Assignments, or otherwise Update bank account setups in Banking Details.
The End-Dated supplier bank account Assignment row for a given supplier header level or supplier site level is not visible when the Banking Details > Update screen gets re-displayed immediately after the user End-Dates the existing Assignment and clicks the Apply button. Whereas, the newly end-dated Assignment row will get displayed once again reflecting the change made by the user - after the user also clicks the Go button next to the Select Account Assignment Level row near the top of the screen, which refreshes the screen.
For example, after upgrading to 12C database and RPC5, when the user makes a change to an existing supplier bank account setup (such as changing the Account Number) and clicks the Apply button, the change does not get re-displayed until the user also clicks the Go button next to the Select Account Assignment Level row near the top of the screen.
In both cases, the associated Assignment row should get re-displayed immediately, and should show the change that the user made.
The first condition can be reproduced with the following steps:
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Navigate to a screen like: Suppliers: Banking Details > Update <SupplierName-SupplierNumber>: Banking Details, at Site level
2. See an existing, Active Assignment row in that screen, and click the pencil in the End-Date column
3. In the Update End Date screen, pick a value in the End Date field, then click the Apply button
4. See the immediate re-display of screen: Banking Details > <SupplierName-SupplierNumber>: Banking Details screen, at Site level
5. Notice that the newly End-Dated Assignment row is no longer displayed
6. Click on the Go button in the Select Account Assignment Level: Site row toward the top of the screen
7. That action refreshes the screen, and now the newly End-Dated Assignment row is displayed once again
The second condition can be reproduced with the following steps:
1) Run testing after upgrading to 12C database and applying RPC5
2) Click on Banking Details and Select Account Assignment Level = Site and click Go
3) View banking details in the displayed Assignment row
4) Click on Update icon in that Assignment row
5) View and then make a change to the existing bank Account Number in the bank account setup, and click the Apply button
6) The edited bank account number should show for the user to review, in the re-displayed Assignment row. However, the modified Assignment row does not get immediately re-displayed.
7) Instead, the user must now (post 12C db upgrade) click the Go button next to the Select Bank Account and Assignment Details row near the top of the screen to re-display the Assignment row showing the edited bank account number value
8) And the user must also click the Save button, in order to to see a displayed confirmation like "The changes to the Banking Details have been saved." at the top of the screen
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms