Last updated on AUGUST 21, 2016
Applies to:Oracle Inventory Management - Version 12.1.1 to 12.1.3 [Release 12.1]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 12.1.3 version, Receiving Functions
If the Purchasing Period has been closed the user is not able to save the receipt and a message is displayed on the form:
Please enter a GL date that is within an open purchasing accounting period.
This is correct behavior.
However, with a particular set of steps (a.o. clicking on button 'Header') this message will not be displayed and the user is able to save the
transaction despite the fact that the period is closed. Instead the following messages are displayed on the form:
However, it is expected that the user is always prevented from saving the receive transaction in the form if the Purchasing Period is closed.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
Navigation: Receiving > Receipts
1. Query for a Purchasing Order
2. Header form is opened and Receipt Transaction date (i.e. today's date) and Supplier details are automatically populated.
The PO period in which the Transaction date falls is not open!
3. Do not click in the Header form, but move the Header form to the right top so that the details in the form remain visible.
This steps is not necessary for reproduction, but this way the details are still visible.
4. Now click in the Lines region
5. Check line #1 to be received
6. Then click on the button 'Header'. Notice in the 'Header' form that the details of the Supplier are cleared
6. Click again in the Lines region and check line #2.
7. In the 'Header' form the details of the Supplier are automatically populated again
8. Now errors RVTSH-140 and RVTSH-189 are displayed
9. Transaction is saved in the form, but stuck in interface.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms