When Attempt to Pro-rate Service to Less than 1 Year, Receive Error: "Cannot Get Valid Name For - SERVICE_PERIOD"
Last updated on OCTOBER 05, 2015
Applies to:Oracle Order Management - Version 12.1.3 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When attempting to pro-rate Service less than 1 year, the following error occurs.
Cannot Get Valid Name For - SERVICE_PERIOD
1. Via the Order Management Super User Responsibility.
2. Navigate: Sales Orders -> Line Items -> Services.
3. When attempting to create a Service (Primary UOM - Year) with the Service Duration as 6 Months, an error is returned - ""Cannot Get Valid Name For - SERVICE_PERIOD""
4. If Service Start Date is entered and Service End Date is entered, the Service Duration should automatically be calculated, but this is not happening.
5. Conversely, if Service Start Date and Service Duration are entered, the Service End Date should automatically get populated.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms