Payables Open Interface Import Takes Table Level Lock on GL_CODE_COMBINATIONS Causing Other Programs to Wait.
Last updated on JANUARY 16, 2018
Applies to:Oracle Payables - Version 12.1.3 to 12.2.3 [Release 12.1 to 12.2]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
While Payables Open Interface Import runs, it locks GL_CODE_COMBINATIONS table for long time.
This causes that other requests like Posting: Single Ledger Request have to wait for the lock to be released.
An example of this problem can be seen in the following scenario:
- Both, the Payables Open Interface Import and the Posting: Single Ledger Request run at the same time:
- The Dynamic insertion is on
- Payables Open Interface Import is processing invoices which have code combinations that do not exist.
- Payables Open Interface Import is creating the code combinations since the Dynamic insertion is on
- The Posting: Single Ledger Request's log file will show the wait with the following message:
"GLSMAH cannot get an exclusive lock on GL_CODE_COMBINATIONS".
Steps to reproduce
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Run Payables Open Interface Import with invoices that have gl account combinations that do not exist yet, so that the code combinations are created dynamically.
2. Simultaneously run the Posting: Single Ledger Request
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms