PAE Process Re-Opens Opt-Outs and errors with Postponement Period is longer than 3 months
(Doc ID 2046752.1)
Last updated on OCTOBER 01, 2020
Applies to:Oracle HRMS (UK) - Version 12.1.3 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On production instance: 12.1.3 version, Pensions functionality
When attempting to make some changes to the Auto Enrolment process, (after the employee opted out of pensions scheme in January 2015), in May 2015 the following error occurs.
“Postponement Period is longer than 3 months.”
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. An employee when started 01-SEP-2014, he joined the pension scheme
2. Pension Auto Enrolment process assesses as EJH in the scheme
3. On 01-JAN-2015 the employee opted out the scheme.
4. In February and March 2015, the Auto Enrolment process correctly ignore the assignment and no changes are made to the Pensions element
5. In April 2015 the Auto Enrolment process updates the Pension element, populating the Postponement Type and Postponement End Date.
6. Then in May the Auto Enrolment process produces an error “Postponement Period is longer than 3 months.”
The issue has the following business impact:
Due to this issue, users cannot ensure that employees that opted out of the pension processing, are still opted out. This is likely to cause issues for identifying the employees that should be opted out, and are now re-enrolled.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document