Last updated on MARCH 08, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Depot Repair - Version 12.2.3 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 12.2.3 version, Depot Setup
Trying to use a dynamic formula in a pricelist with a (custom) pricing attribute that uses a call to cs_cost_api.get_item_cost (passing global variables csd_repairs_pub.g_line.org_id and csd_repairs_pub.g_line.inventory_item_id) to retrieve a price that is based on the current cost price in inventory for use in depot repair estimates. The price remains 0 though.
expect this setup to retrieve the cost for the item, then use the dynamic formula to create the selling price (1.2 * cost price in this case) and show that in the depot repair estimates.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Profile settings:
CSD: Enable Dynamic Formula for Pricing Attributes -> Yes
CSD: Enable Advanced Pricing -> Yes
CSD: Use Global Variables for Advanced Pricing -> Yes
2. Create a new Pricing Attribute:
Oracle Pricing manager -> setup / attribute management / context and attributes
- query Context 'Pricing Attribute'
- add a new attribute e.g. 'JXXEST_ATTR with valueset QP: Number
3. Link the attribute to the pricing context:
Oracle Pricing manager -> setup / attribute management / attribute linking and mapping
- use 'Find' to query Order Fulfillment / Pricing attributes
- select PRICING ATTRIBUTE and click Link Attributes
- add a row for the new XXTEST_ATTR
- click Attribute mapping
- for request type ASO, enter:
- user source type = PL/SQL API
- user value string =
4. Run Tools / Build Attribute mapping rules
5. Create Dynamic formula
Oracle Pricing manager -> pricing formulas -> formula setup
- 'XXtest formula' with formula is "1*2'
- enter formula lines:
- Pricing Attribute / XXTest_attr, step 1
- numeric constant component 1.2, step 2
(so the formula is pricing attribute * 1.2)
Run Tools / Build Formula Package
6. Create pricelist 'XXTest PL'; for all items, using formula 'XXtest formula'.
7. In Depot Repair, enter repair estimates for an item and use pricelist 'XXtest PL'. Price should default to the item cost * 1.2. But it is defaulted to 0.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms