Depot Repair: Estimates Price Remains 0 When Using Dynamic Formula Pricing and Adding Material from BOM
Last updated on SEPTEMBER 06, 2016
Applies to:Oracle Depot Repair - Version 12.2.3 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 12.2.3 version, Depot Setup
Trying to use a dynamic formula in a pricelist with a (custom) pricing attribute that uses a call to cs_cost_api.get_item_cost to retrieve a price that is based on the current cost price in inventory for use in depot repair estimates. The price remains 0 though.
expect this setup to retrieve the cost for the item, then use the dynamic formula to create the selling price (1.2 * cost price in this case) and show that in the depot repair estimates.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Profile settings:
CSD: Enable Dynamic Formula for Pricing Attributes -> Yes
CSD: Enable Advanced Pricing -> Yes
CSD: Use Global Variables for Advanced Pricing ->Yes
2. Create a new Pricing Attribute:
Oracle Pricing manager -> setup / attribute management / context and attributes
- query Context 'Pricing Attribute'
- add a new attribute e.g. 'JXXEST_ATTR with valueset QP: Number
3. Link the attribute to the pricing context:
Oracle Pricing manager -> setup / attribute management / attribute linking and mapping
- use 'Find' to query Order Fulfillment / Pricing attributes
- select PRICING ATTRIBUTE and click Link Attributes
- add a row for the new XXTEST_ATTR
- click Attribute mapping
- for request type ASO, enter:
- user source type = PL/SQL API
- user value string =
--> this way it will get the cost for the item in the 'Service: Inventory Validation Organization'
4. Run Tools / Build Attribute mapping rules
5. Create Dynamic formula
Oracle Pricing manager -> pricing formulas -> formula setup
- 'XXtest formula' with formula is "1*2'
- enter formula lines:
- Pricing Attribute / XXTest_attr, step 1
- numeric constant component 1.2, step 2
(so the formula is pricing attribute * 1.2)
Run Tools / Build Formula Package
6. Create pricelist 'XXTest PL'; for all items, using formula 'XXtest formula'.
7. In Depot Repair, enter repair estimates for an item and use pricelist 'XXtest PL'. The price is retrieved from costing as expected
8. Now add material from BOM (in the estimates tab). The price is then defaulted to 0
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms