On-hand Status Update Through the Material Workbench (INVMWBIV) Gets Applied to Records Not Related to the Chosen Parent Lot or Grade
(Doc ID 2053525.1)
Last updated on DECEMBER 20, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Inventory Management - Version 12.1.3 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Form: INVMWBIV - Material Workbench (On-Hand Quantities)
On release 12.1.3:
When querying on hand quantity records for a parent lot and a subinventory in the Material Workbench form (INVMWBIV), the expected records get retrieved in the Material Workbench window.
But when updating the On-hand Status through the Status Update Details window, the change gets applied to records related to item lots which parent lot is different than the parent lot entered in Query Material window.
Same problem occurs when querying on a grade value and a subinventory.
On-hand Status update should apply to the chosen parent lot or the chosen grade only.
How to get this working?
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Get on hand in two child lots with different parent lot and with different Lot Status
2. Open the Material Workbench form
3. In Query Material window:
Enter the Subinventory
Set Lot > Parent Lot = parent lot number for first lot
4. In Material Workbench window:
Getting one record as expected
Expand the tree on the left pane
5. Select the node for the organization ** this is the key step
6. Go to (M) Tools > Status Update
7. In Status Update Details window:
Update the On-hand Status
8. Review the Lot Genealogy for the two lots
See the new Status is showing up on the two lots
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!