Document of Records (DOR) gets deleted while transaction under 'Update' is abruptly closed
(Doc ID 2054879.1)
Last updated on MARCH 01, 2019
Applies to:Oracle Human Resources - Version 12.1 HRMS RUP7 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 12.1 HRMS RUP7 version, Person / Assignment Issues.
The attachments for a Document of Records (DOR) gets deleted while the transaction which is under 'Update' is abruptly closed either by closing the browser window or clicking on 'Back' button on the browser.
Suppose user decides to close the browser while in the middle of doing an update transaction and the user does so either by clicking the Back button on the browser or closing the browser window itself instead of using 'Cancel' button on the DOR page.
When the same Approved DOR is updated to complete the updation, on clicking the 'Next' icon of the page 'Update Document of Record', the below error is thrown:
Steps to reproduce:
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Log into Applications.
2. Go into responsibility 'Employee Self-Service'.
3. Navigate to function 'Documents of Record.'
4. Next page is 'Documents of Record for Person'.
- Click on 'Update' icon for one of the Approved DOR record which has an attachment.
5. Next page is 'Update Document of Record'.
- Here, update some field, say, Issued By field.
6. Click on 'Next' button.
7. Next page is 'Review Document of Record' page.
- Now, either click on 'Back' button on the browser or close the browser window.
8. Login back to Applications and navigate to page 'Documents of Record for Person'.
- Now, it can be observed that the attachment is no more visible.
Users should use 'Back' button the DOR page. However, one cannot stop from users using browser button.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document