Validation Rule Does Not Distinguish Approval Status Between "Submitted For Approval" And "Not Submitted For Approval"
Last updated on MARCH 08, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Product Hub - Version 12.1.3 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When attempting to process an Item attribute value, with Approval Status "Submitted for Approval", the following error occurs.
Error: Can not change anything with Approval_Status == "Not Submitted For Approval"
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Define item Validation rule using the following paramters:
Item_Primary.Approval != "Not Submitted For Approval"
2. Query item with Approval Status of 'Not Submitted For Approval'.
3. Update the item attribute value for ATTR_GR_TEST.ATTR_C1.
4. Attribute value is saved without error.
5. Expect item rule to validate and throw error since item Approval Status is 'Not Submitted For Approval'.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms