Error while Terminating an Expired Contract which has a Subline Terminated from an Instaledl Base Transaction
(Doc ID 2058571.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 28, 2019
Applies to:Oracle Service Contracts - Version 12.1.3 to 12.1.3 [Release 12.1]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When attempting to Terminate an Expired Service Contract which has a terminated subline, the following errors occurs and the user is unable to Terminate the contract. The issue happens when a covered product line on the contract was terminated through change of ownership in Installed Base (IB). When ownership transfer happens in IB, the termination date on the expired subline is populated as end date + 1. Now when the contract is terminated, the following errors occur.
1) Enter a termination date within contract effectivity date. Error: Termination date cannot be less than the sub line termination date
2) Enter termination date as sub line termination date. Error: Please enter a termination date no longer than the end date.
1. Query for an Expired contract with multiple sublines
2. Query one of the products in Install Base and change the owner. The contract is displayed in Impacted Contracts list and the termination date shows as sub line end date + 1.
4. The subline is terminated with termination date as end date + 1
5. Try to terminate the contract with any date less than contract end date. Error: Termination date cannot be less than the subline termination date
6. Try to terminate contract with subline termination date. Error: Please enter a termination date no longer than the end date.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document