Error while Terminating an Expired Contract which has a Sub line Terminated from Install Base Transaction
Last updated on APRIL 07, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Service Contracts - Version 12.1.3 to 12.1.3 [Release 12.1]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On Applications 12.1.3 :
When attempting to terminate an Expired contract which has a terminated sub line, the following errors occurs and user is unable to terminate the contract. The issue happens when a covered product line on the contract was terminated through Change Owner in Install Base (IB). When ownership transfer happens in IB, the termination date on the expired sub line is populated as end date + 1. Now when the contract is terminated, the following errors occur
1) Enter a termination date within contract effectivity date. Error: Termination date cannot be less than the sub line termination date
2) Enter termination date as sub line termination date. Error: Please enter a termination date no longer than the end date.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps.
1. Query for an Expired contract with multiple sub lines
2. Query one of the products in Install Base and change owner. The contract is displayed in Impacted Contracts list and the termination date shows as sub line end date + 1.
4. The sub line is terminated with termination date as end date + 1
5. Try to terminate the contract with any date less than contract end date. Error: Termination date cannot be less than the sub line termination date
6. Try to terminate contract with sub line termination date. Error: Please enter a termination date no longer than the end date.
The issue has the following business impact:
Due to this issue, users cannot terminate the contract.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms