Field Service: HTML Debrief Showing Error: "You cannot use item <item> for debrief" But Then Duplicating Lines from Parts Requirements
(Doc ID 2059157.1)
Last updated on JUNE 05, 2018
Applies to:Oracle Field Service - Version 12.1.3 to 12.2.3 [Release 12.1 to 12.2]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Trying to enter material install debrief lines through the HTML debrief, using the Assign Parts button fails with error like:
You cannot use item <itemnumber> for debrief. Either the item is not assigned to default usable subinventory or there is no on hand quantity for it.
- the error does NOT come up if the parts requirement has only a single line.
- However, if the button is pressed and the line is defaulted but not saved and the user retries the very same thing again, it fails for this line as well
- If one waits for about 5 minutes (cache clearing time) it will work without error for a single line - once
- If there are multiple lines on the parts requirement, the error comes up for the item on the second line. Then, if one presses the Assign Parts button again, the error comes up for the item on the third requirement line. There is a defaulted debrief line for the previous failure visible on the page then. This can be repeated indefinitely. The error comes up every time
- if the above steps are repeated, and at some point the user clicks 'Apply' the lines are saved and displayed multiple times (so duplicates are created)
- when entering debrief lines manually (so not through the assign parts button), there is no error.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Query a Service Request , go to Task Tab, click on Debrief button, open the Debrief page
2. Go to Material Debrief section, click on 'Assigned Parts' button, get error:
You cannot use item <itemname> for debrief, Either the item is not assigned to default usable subinventory or there is no on hand quantity for it
3. Remove the line and hit Apply button, seeing unexpected Material Debrief Lines being added (sometimes Duplicate ones)
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!