After compiling all invalid objects, utlrp hangs on EBS 12.2.x and never comes back to the prompt
(Doc ID 2063941.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 15, 2023
Applies to:Oracle E-Business Suite Technology Stack - Version 12.2 to 12.2.4 [Release 12.2]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 12.2 E-Business Suite
When using utlrp to compile invalid objects, utlrp never comes back to the command prompt after having successfully compiled all database invalid objects.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Installed Oracle VM template for database server which delivered 12.2.4 with a 126.96.36.199 database -- no invalid objects
2. Run ETCC reports and identified missing database patches
3. Apply all missing patches; when conflicts occurred, rolled back some patches and applied a merged patch -- about 49 patches
4. Start utlrp and all invalid objects compiled successfully -- 0 invalids
5. Script utlrp never comes back to the command prompt
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document