Requisition Change Request Approval With Manually Added Inserted Approver Does Not Allow New Approver to Respond and Shows No Action Taken
Last updated on DECEMBER 09, 2016
Applies to:Oracle iProcurement - Version 12.1.3 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
In 12.1.3 iProcurement
Change request is not getting processed completely (remains In Process) when user chose to manually add approver and then submit the change request.
STEPS TO REPRODUCE
1. Create requisition, and autocreate to purchase order and approve
2. Click Change to start a change request
3. At checkout see approvals default to two approver groups (A & B) in parallel.
4. Choose Manage Approvals, and add a new manually added approver After B
Notice the graphical approval list still only shows approver groups A and B, so it seems the new approver C is added within the approval group B
5. Submit the change request
- review the approval sequence
- see it is Pending for approver A and B who belong to approval groups A and B
- see the action is currently Blank for the new approver C who is the last sequence approver
6. Login as approver A and B and approve
- see the approval sequence history now shows Approved by A and B, and shows for approver C as
Action = 'No action taken'
Note = 'Requisition has been approved by other approver'
- There is no approver notification to approver C
- The requisition is stuck in process
- There is no option for inserted approver C to respond
NOTE: Same issue for REQUISITION APPROVAL not working when requisition preparer added approvers manually is fixed by Patch 20645799:R12.PO.B, but now the issue remains with requisition Change Request
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms