Last updated on MARCH 23, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Report Manager - Version 12.1.3 and later
Oracle General Ledger - Version 12.1.3 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Financial Statement Generator (FSG)
Drilldown from budget amounts using Report Manager and Inquiry Type 'Period Trend', returns actual amounts.
When running Report Manager for budget templates (with drilldown possibility), the system returns budget overview.
However, when performing drilldown using Inquiry Type 'Period Trend', the system returns drill with actual amounts where the users are expecting to see budget amounts.
For Inquiry Type ‘Period Listing’ the concerning budget amounts are displayed (Balance Type is ‘Budget’)
Expect to see ‘Budget’ balances at drill-down from budget amounts, when using Inquiry Type 'Period Trend' too.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Go to Report Manager responsibility
2. Select the parameters to run a FSG report, using Generic FSG Template, Viewer Excel
3. Check the output in Excel
4. Then Drill of an April amount
5. Select Inquiry Type = Period Listing
6. Observe that budget amounts are displayed (Balance Type is ‘Budget’).
7. Change Inquiry Type to ‘Period Trend’
8. Observe that results are returned for Balance Type ‘Actual’.
9. Also observe that exporting data brings a different total (compared with ‘Period Listing’ total).
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms