Last updated on MARCH 08, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Configurator Developer - Version 12.1.3 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 126.96.36.199.8
When attempting to select an option from a drop-down list during runtime on a user interface within a parent model (Model A) that has a page include region of Model B's UI (The referenced child) within an Instance List Layout region, the following error occurs.
oracle.apps.cz.cio.NoSuchChildException: Model.Compponent does not have a child with id xxxxxxx
The following steps can be used to create models and UI that reproduce this behavior:
1. Configurator Developer responsibility
2. Create two models, using “Parent Model” and “Child Model” for example purposes
3. Edit “Child Model”, navigate to structure and create a component
4. Set the new component as follows, with Multiple or Variable instance with minimum 1 and maximum N
5. Finish, and create a new UI for “Child Model”. Used “Step-By-Step Navigation”, but create an empty UI.
6. On Page-1 of the new UI, create a custom button. Set the associated node as the recently created “Child Component”, action defined as “Add Instance”.
7. Add a Instance List Layout Region – Table. Set associated model node as “Child Component”.
8. Create a Styled Text for the Component Row of the instance list created in step 6.
9. Navigate back to “Parent Model” and create a Model Reference to the “Child Model” in the structure tab. No additional options were set. Parent model structure at this point:
10. Create a new UI for “Parent Model”. Used the same setup as step 4, step-by-step but creating blank UI.
11. In the newly created UI, create one page include region on page 1 referencing the Child Model.
12. The Parent Model UI should now look like the following:
13. Generate logic on child and parent. Then, select “Test Model” on the Parent Model.
14. Error occurs
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms