Cannot Perform Work Order-less Completion Due to Error: Subinventory Code Is Either Not Entered Or Not Valid For The Given Organization
Last updated on MARCH 08, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Work in Process - Version 12.2.4 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When trying to perform work order-less completion in Oracle Work In Process (WIP), the following error occurs.
This error is being displayed for every component being used in Assembly item.
xxxxxx failed validation.
Subinventory code is either not entered or not valid for the given organization.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Responsibility: Work In Process
2. Navigation: Material Transactions -> Work Order-less Completions
3. Transaction Type = WIP Completion
4. Enter Assembly and Schedule Number
5. Click on Lot/Serial button
6. In the Lot Entry screen, find Subinventory and Locator default
7. Enter Lot Number
8. Go to Components screen, find Supply Subinventory and Supply Locator default
9. Save and receive the aforementioned error
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms