Non-recoverable Tax From Contingent Workers Receive 'The item date is not within the project active dates' when Trying to Import Items into Projects.
Last updated on MARCH 08, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Project Costing - Version 12.1.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
The customer is using the 'Contingent Worker Enabled' feature on Project Types for their contingent workers so specific projects do not need to be added to the PO for the worker to charge time to an enabled project. But when the profile option PA: Default Expenditure Item Date for Supplier Cost is set 'Source Document Exp Typ', the non recoverable tax is not always imported into PA as the item fails with the error: The item date is not within the project active dates.
Steps to Reproduce
1. Project A has a project type with 'Contingent Worker Enabled' flag checked.
2. Project A has the start date 01-JAN-2014 to end date 31-JAN-2014
3. The contingent worker is assigned to a PO that is created 10-DEC-2013 and has a project assigned to the first distribution with an expenditure item date 15-JUN-2013 (note the project is NOT Project A).
4. The contingent worker created a timecard dated 06-JAN-2014
5. The timecard is retrieved into PO and the PRC: Interface Supplier Cost process is run.
6. The Non-recoverable tax line created by the PRC: Interface Supplier Cost process has an expenditure item date of 15-JUN-2013 as that is the first expenditure item date on the PO. The record fails import with:
The item date is not within the project active dates.
as 15-JUN-2013 does not fall within the start date 01-JAN-2014 and the end date 31-JAN-2014.
Some background from the customer:
A requisition/purchase order for a contingent worker needs to be applied to the “CWK-project” otherwise the contingent worker cannot write to more then 1 project. The Project Expenditure Date will always be the creation date of
the requisition/purchaseorder. This is because the CWK project has a active timeperiod of 01-JAN-2000 till 01-JAN-2020 and the the profile option: PA: Default Expenditure Item Date for Supplier Cost is set to “Transaction Date”.
By this all the receipts from hours written by contingent workers will get the project expenditure date of the transaction date. This will also be the case with material receipts.
When a contingent worker corrects hours for a timecard for DEC-13 in the period FEB-14. The corrections of the hours (PO receipt TAX) will get a expenditure date of feb-14. when the project on the timecard of December has
a end-date of 31-DEC-2013 the po receipt tax corrections will not be transferred to oracle projects because the expenditure item does not fall between the active date of the project.
By this profile option many costs of material receipts will also not be transferred to Oracle Projects. This occurs for example when the project has a active period of 01-JAN-2013 till 31-DEC-2013 and the receipt will be created
As solution Oracle suggest to set the profile option to “Source Document Exp Typ”.
This will indeed solve the problems of the material receipts. Unfortunately the problem will get bigger for the non-recoverable tax of written hours from contingent workers.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms