Unable To Add Attributes to Assets After Database Upgrade
Last updated on MARCH 08, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Enterprise Asset Management - Version 12.1.3 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When attempting to add attributes to an asset, the following error occurs.
FRM-99999: Error 408 occurred. See the release notes file (relnotes) for information about this
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following example:
1. EAM: Assets: Asset Numbers: Asset Numbers
2. Create Asset: SGPV1T PULVERIZER 1TEST, asset group SGPV1T
3. Push Attributes Button:
add the groups: PULVERIZER, REDUCER - no problem
4. Add attribute COUPLING INFORMATION FRM-99999:
Error 408 occurred. See the release notes file (relnotes) for information about this error
5. Close out of assets form,
6. Do you want to save the changes you have made? If I say YES, it saves the transaction:
FRM-40400: Transaction complete: 3 records applied and saved.
When I click OK the error message comes back again: FRM-99999: Error 408 occurred. See the release notes file (relnotes) for information about this
7. If I have to answer NO to get out of the record. It did not save the Asset Attributes. If I pull up the Attributes Assignments, the three groups are still there: PULVERIZER, REDUCER, COUPLING INFORMATION, they are
assigned to the asset. But when open the asset record, click Attributes to fill in the details [example for PULVERIZER: I should be able to add MANUFACTURE: BABCOCK AND WILCOX, MODEL NUMBER
MPS89NR, CONTRACT RB-592] it repeats the above error message.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms