You cannot add another assignment to this position
Last updated on JANUARY 17, 2018
Applies to:Oracle Human Resources - Version 12.1 HRMS RUP7 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 12.1 HRMS RUP7 version, Orgs,Jobs,Locs,Positions etc
After applying Patch#21486517:R12.PER.B, when attempting to terminate an employee, the following error occurs.
Steps to Reproduce:
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1) Create two positions:
- "Position1" - SHARED type since date 01-JAN-2015
- "Position2" - SINGLE type since date 01-MAR-2015 without any overlap periods
2) On date 01-JAN-2015 create an employee "Employee1" and put his on the position "Position1"
3) On date 01-MAR-2015 create a second non-primary assignment for "Employee1" and set the position "Position2" for this assignment
4) On date 01-JUN-2015 set the "Terminate Assignment" status at the second non-primary assignment for the employee "Employee1" in UPDATE mode
5) On date 01-SEP-2015 create an employee "Employee2" and put his on the position "Position2"
6) Try to terminate the employee "Employee1" on 10-SEP-2015 - get error "You cannot add another assignment to this position. The Position Type is a single incumbent and an assignment already exists for it."
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms