OIE:R12:Incorrect Currency Conversion from Expense Report Currency to Policy Currency
Last updated on NOVEMBER 25, 2015
Applies to:Oracle Internet Expenses - Version 12.1 to 12.2 [Release 12.1 to 12.2]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Percentage reimbursement policy not applying correctly where receipt and reimbursement currency are the same, but different than the policy currency.
When creating an expense report with reimbursement currency and receipt currency the same, but different from the policy currency, the system does not make the currency conversion, so the system does not allow the expense report to be submitted with amount greater than the policy limit amount, even if the amount conversion has not been done.
The application should make the rate conversion, and apply the policy correctly.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Define a policy schedule with limit 4000 USD
2. Assign the policy schedule to an expense type A in an expense template AA
3. Define exchange rates from currency USD to currency RON for a certain date.
4. Create a new expense report with the following details:
Expense template AA
Reimbursement currency = USD
Expense type = A
Receipt currency = RON
Receipt amount = 100 000 RON.
5. Notice that the reimbursement amount is 4000 RON (not 4000 USD as expected), and 4000 RON = 1280 USD.
The issue has the following business impact:
Due to this issue, users cannot create expense reports in other currencies than the policy currency, using correctly the policy schedule defined.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms