When Cancelling a PO Line and Unchecking the Communication Method the Purchase Order is still Communicated To Supplier
Last updated on MARCH 17, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Purchasing - Version 12.1.1 to 12.2.6 [Release 12.1 to 12.2]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Upon approval the supplier is notified by email. This is correct behavior when the Supplier Site level notification method has been set to 'Email'.
When cancelling a Purchase Order (PO) line through the PO Summary form (POXPOVPO) the user has the option NOT to notify the supplier. This can be done by unchecking the communication method (Print/Fax/Email) in the Control Document form. Despite unchecking Email, the notification is still mailed to the supplier.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Navigate to Purchase Orders > Purchase Orders.
2. Create a PO for a supplier site in which the notification method is set to 'Email'. Approve the PO.
3. Navigate to Purchase Orders > Purchase Order Summary.
4. Query the approved PO.
5. Put the cursor on a PO line and choose Menu > Tools > Control.
6. Cancel the PO line.
7. Automatically the communication method is set to 'Email'.
8. Uncheck the communication method (the email address is automatically nulled out as well) and press OK.
9. Notice the PO is still communicated to the supplier.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms