Last updated on MARCH 08, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Contract Lifecycle Management for Public Sector - Version 12.2.3 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
In Oracle iProcurement with Oracle Contract Lifecycle Management, Release 12.2.3 version, the requisition approval workflow ends in error when a MIPR Requisition has nine (9) or more lines and Obligation Type is recorded with "Both" or other values.
Failed Activity = Create Base Version
Activity Type = Function
Error Name = WFENG_COMMIT_INSIDE
Error Message = 3146: Commit happened in activity/function 'DOC_APPROVE_SUB_PROCESS:CREATE_BASE_VERSION/POR_AMENDMENT_PKG.CREATE_BASE_VERSION'
Steps To Reproduce
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. MIPR Requisition HQ0147546768 created and approved with nine (9) lines.
2. Please note the 9 lines have different MIPR Obligation Types recorded.
3. Requisition is routed for approval and approver approved the document without any issues.
4. Open the Requisition Action History, it shows the MIPR requisition is Submitted, Reserved & Approved.
5. Using Workflow Admnistrator, Status Monitor, query the requisition.
6. Requisition Approval error with the following reason:
"Failed Activity Create Base Version
Activity Type Function
Error Name WFENG_COMMIT_INSIDE
Error Message 3146: Commit happened in activity/function 'DOC_APPROVE_SUB_PROCESS:CREATE_BASE_VERSION/POR_AMENDMENT_PKG.CREATE_BASE_VERSION'
Note: When copy the same requisition or create a brand new requisition having five or less lines, set the MIPR obligation type with both or combination, workflow is successful.
Due to this issue, users cannot approve requisitions with nine or more lines where the requisition lines have different values for MIPR Obligation Type.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms