Last updated on DECEMBER 18, 2015
Applies to:Oracle General Ledger - Version 12.1 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Executable:GLPPOS - Posting
Form: GLXJEENT.FMB - GL Journal Entry
System is allowing to delete the reversal journal in primary ledger even though the same reversal is posted in secondary ledger.
1. Create a manual journal entry in the Primary Ledger and post.
2. Posting the journal in the Primary Ledger automatically creates and posts the journal in the Secondary Ledger as per standard functionality.
3. Reverse the original journal in the Primary Ledger (using the "Reverse button" in the journal entry screen)
4. Reversing the Journal in the Primary Ledger automatically creates an "unposted" Reversal journal for both Primary and Secondary Ledgers as per standard functionality.
5. Post the reversal journal entry in the Secondary Ledger only. Note the reversal journal is still unposted in the Primary Ledger.
6. Delete the unposted reversal journal in the Primary ledger
Note this deleted the Primary Ledger reversal journal even though the Secondary Ledger reversal journal is posted; this causes a reconciliation problem between Primary and Secondary Ledger.
During deletion of reversal journal entry in Primary Ledger, the system prompts a Note: "This action will delete the reversal journal in the secondary ledgers as well, if it is not posted. If the corresponding journal in the secondary ledger is manually reversed or already posted then it will not be deleted".
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms