Last updated on MARCH 08, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Performance Management - Version 12.1 HRMS RUP7 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 12.1 HRMS RUP7 version, Appraisals
After applying Patch 21263147:R12.PER.B on top of 12.1 HRMS RUP7 to get back the possibility for the workers to see their manager's overall objectives comments thru the Details icon when
for appraisal in status "Transferred to Appraisee", the overall objective comments is not designed as expected
The field is too small, the text is not wrapped and the prompt is at the center of the field instead of being on the left top.
Remark: The customer applied Patch 21263147:R12.PER.B to get back the feature removed by the fix for
Bug 19174676 - APPRAISEE CAN SEE MAIN APPRAISER RATINGS AND COMMENTS FOR ONGOING APPRAISAL
The customer applied the fix of the above bug but because they had to apply patch 20973281:R12.PER.B to fix another issue.
Expect to get the overall objective comments field as designed in the past.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
0. Set to Yes the the new profile option "Total Objective Score and Comments" at Employee Self-Service responsibility level
1. Employee Self-Service
3. Create a Standard Appraisal
4. Add an objective
5. Share the appraisal with the Main Appraiser
6. Log in as the Main Appraiser
7. Manager Self-Service
9. Update the appraisal and navigate to the Give Final Ratings page
10. Enter a long comment with several new line (Enter key is used) in the overall comments field for objectives
11. Save As Draft
12. Click Home
13. Navigate back to the appraisal and Share With Appraisee without checking Update Appraisal in the Appraisee Permission section. Manager does not retain ownership.
14. Log in as the Appraisee
15. Navigate to the appraisal and click Details
16. See the overall objective Comments field with the issue (Little size, text not wrapped, prompt at the middle of the field.
The issue has the following business impact:
Patch 21263147:R12.PER.B cannot be applied on Production whenever the comments are now available for the end users.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms