Deactivating Asset Number Generates Error Message "EAM Asset Has Bad And Unfixable Hierarchy"
Last updated on MARCH 08, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Enterprise Asset Management - Version 12.1.3 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When attempting to De-Activate an Asset Number,
the following error occurs.
Asset Hierarchy exists for the asset.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
- Responsibility: Enterprise Asset Management
- EAM - Assets - Asset Number - Asset Number
- Click on Find Asset Number.
- Enter 131445 and Click on Find.
- Goto Tools - De-Activate Asset Number
- Message Pops "This will de-activate the asset. Continue?
- Click OK button.
- Get the error message Asset Hierarchy exists for the asset.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms