Begin Balance for Retained Earnings Gets Corrupted When RE Account is the Same with Reserve for Encumbrance
Last updated on SEPTEMBER 09, 2016
Applies to:Oracle General Ledger - Version 12.1.3 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
- The Retained Earnings account for the ledger is set the same with the Reserve for Encumbrance account.
- When selecting both an Encumbrance and an Actual batch for Posting in a period of the previous year, you find that the Retained Earnings Begin Balance is not updated with the expected amount in first period of the new year.
- Due to this, the Trial Balance is unbalanced.
- The same happens when you follow the normal subledger process by submitting Create Accounting with Import to General Ledger and automatic posting to GL options enabled.
- The issue does not replicate if Actual and Encumbrance batches are manually posted one after the other.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms