Begin Balance for Retained Earnings Gets Corrupted When RE Account is the Same with Reserve for Encumbrance
(Doc ID 2091685.1)
Last updated on MARCH 01, 2019
Applies to:Oracle General Ledger - Version 12.1.3 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
- The Retained Earnings account for the ledger is set the same with the Reserve for Encumbrance account.
- When selecting both an Encumbrance and an Actual batch for Posting in a period of the previous year, you find that the Retained Earnings Begin Balance is not updated with the expected amount in first period of the new year.
- Due to this, the Trial Balance is unbalanced.
- The same happens when you follow the normal subledger process by submitting Create Accounting with Import to General Ledger and automatic posting to GL options enabled.
- The issue does not replicate if Actual and Encumbrance batches are manually posted one after the other.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document