R12: Duplicate Shipment Numbers In Purchase Order Shipment Line
(Doc ID 2094819.1)
Last updated on AUGUST 17, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Purchasing - Version 12.1.3 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When two users simultaneously create shipments for a given PO line using the "Purchase Order" menu, it let user create the shipments with same number.
Though two users simultaneously create shipments for a given PO line using the Purchase order menu,
shipments should not be created with the same number.
Steps to reproduce:
1. Login to application with two different users login credentials
2. Both users - Navigate to: Purchase orders > Purchase Orders
find an existing PO (F11 -- enter PO# Ctrl-F11)
3. Both users - select a same line -- click on shipments -- click on new row (At this time it will auto display the next available shipment number, which would be same for both users)
4. Both users - enter necessary shipment and distribution details
5. First user save it, then second user save it.
6. At this point database would store two shipments with same shipment number. This breaks reports and procurement processes.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document