GB_RATES_HISTORY Function Is Calculating Incorrect Amount Using PQP_RATES_HISTORY_CALC Package
Last updated on MAY 17, 2018
Applies to:Oracle HRMS (UK) - Version 12.1.3 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
GB_RATES_HISTORY function is fetching 3 times annual salary using PQP_RATES_HISTORY_CALC package
A fast formula is used to calculate amount for an element. Also using seeded function GB_RATES_HISTORY and this function is using seeded package PQP_RATES_HISTORY_CALC.RATES_HISTORY.
This function is returning 3 times the annual salary value.
The table pay_element_types_f_tl is fetching 3 rows of single element due to there are no check on language. There are 3 rows in table pay_element_types_f_tl due to languages (D, FRC and US).
Steps to Reproduce
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Apply Patch 20000288 - R12.HR_PF.B.DELTA.8 (HRMS 12.1 RUP8)
2. Navigate to UK HRMS Manager > People > Enter & Maintain > Search Employee
3. Go to Assignment > Element entries
4. Add "Sell Holiday Days" element - Nonrecurring - from 15-NOV-2015 to 15-DEC-2015
5. Go to Entry Values > Add Number of Days = 5
6. Run Quickpay
7. Check SOE >> Sell holiday value is coming is 711.54 but it should be 237.18 . It is coming three time more.
Issue occurring only after applying RUP8 Patch.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms