Form Personalization to Make Leave Reason in End Employment Form PERWSTEM) Required is Not Working
Last updated on MARCH 08, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Human Resources - Version 12.2.4 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 12.2.4 version, Terminations
When setting Leave Reason as mandatory on the PERWSTEM (termination) form, the field shows as
mandatory, but does not prevent users from saving if the field is left null.
Expect an error to occur if a mandatory field is left null.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. XX HRMS Manager
2. People > Enter and Maintain > query in an employee > Others > End Employment
3. Help > Diagnostics > Custom Code > Personalize
4. - Create a new customize function on PERWSTEM form:-
Seq Description Level Enabled
10 Leave Reason REquired Function X
|10||Make Leave Reason Mandatory||Function||X|
Trigger Event: WHEN-NEW-FORM-INSTANCE
Trigger Object: PERIOD_OF_SERVICE
Processing Mode: Not in Enter-Query Mode
Description: Make Leave Reason Mandatory
Object Type: Item
Target Object: :PERIOD_OF_SERVICE.D_LEAVING_REASON
Property Name: REQUIRED
5. Close the Customization form > close the PERWSTEM form
6. Reopen the End Employment form
7. See the Leaving Reason field is 'Yellow' or 'Required'
8. Enter all termination fields except Leave Reason and the form saves without error.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms