Component Pick Release Ignoring Crossdock Loaded LPNs
Last updated on MAY 18, 2016
Applies to:Oracle Warehouse Management - Version 12.1.3 and later
Oracle Work in Process - Version 12.1.3 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Component pick release does not consider stock received and waiting for cross dock, and creates additional (double) move order allocation from on hand stock.
Once transacting the extra move order allocation, the following is seen in Material Requirements window:
- Quantity Issued is higher than Required Quantity
- Open Quantity is negative
Expect the system to not allocate more than required per the job material requirement.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Create a job with a push component
2. Do component pick release which will create back ordered quantity (partial allocation)
3. Create PO for component with more quantity. Eg: if backordered qty is 5, create PO line with 15 qty
4. Transact allocated move order task, material is issued to job as per allocation from first component pick release.
5. Receive stock using PO for the cross docked quantity, Task is loaded, Do not drop this LPN.
6. Create another Receipt for more quantity and Drop. It will be put away into warehouse.
7. Now do component pick release again. A new move order is created with same quantity as the quantity waiting for cross dock drop as new allocation. You can see the task in WMS control board.
8. Transact allocated move order task, material is issued to job as per allocation from second component pick release. This will satisfy quantity required = quantity issued.
9. Drop the LPN waiting for cross dock, it will be suggested to same job
10. You can find the open quantity in negative and also quantity issued more than quantity required.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms