Field Service Debrief: Inter-Company Transactions, Flow Across Operating Units
(Doc ID 2100757.1)
Last updated on JULY 21, 2020
Applies to:Oracle Field Service - Version 11.5.10 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Is there a way in Field Service through which we can accomplish Inter-Company transactions?
A Field Service engineer uses material from a different Operating Unit than the customer's invoicing Operating Unit (OU):
1) Field Service Service Request (SR) is created in USA Operating Unit
2) Tasks in the SR have been assigned to Canada Operating Unit
3) Materials are debriefed from Canada OU
4) Subinventories are selected from Canada OU
5) Once Debrief gets completed, material transaction gets posted in Inventory
- How much does USA OU pay to Canada OU for the material consumed?
- Is it possible to trigger intercompany AP / AR for this material consumption across OU's?
- How does the system determine the amount in inter-company invoicing between these 2 OUs?
In case of material consumption across Operating Units, meaning that:
- The SR is opened in 'OU1' and also debriefed there.
- But the Inventory Organization which the Field Engineer is assigned and where material gets consumed from, is owned by another Operating Unit 'OU2'.
From an operational service flow, Oracle is not preventing this approach / functionality.
However, these transactions, do not trigger any Inter-Company transaction.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document