When Using The Manufacturing Execution System (MES), Work Orders Are Completed But Components Are Not Backflushing
(Doc ID 2104120.1)
Last updated on MARCH 11, 2019
Applies to:Oracle MES for Discrete Manufacturing - Version 12.1.1 to 12.1.3Cloud [Release 12.1 to 12.1Cloud]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
The user can incorrectly complete a job using MES without issuing components. The components are required
When a job is completed, components for the job should be backflushed
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Responsibility = INVentory
2. Setup-> Organization> Parameters
3. Open for an organization
4. Uncheck Allow negative Balances at the organization level
6. Responsibility+ Work In Process
7. Navigation: WIP: Discrete-> Discrete
8. Create a work order job org/job
9. Release the Work Order
10. Navigation: MES Supervisor Click on Start
11. Select ‘Search Jobs’ in actions and click on Go button,
12. Enter your badge number and click on Move assembly
13. Click on Finish button
14. Click on Complete Assembly
15. Click on Continue button
16. Click on Finish button and you get the error for the first time. 'NNNNNNN failed validation. Quantity must be less than or equal available to transact.'
17. Now click on Finish button again, the work order will complete, but components are not issued
18. To Verify that components are not issued: WIP: Discrete: Discrete Query: org/job
19. Components-> Quantities tab. no issued components
The issue has the following business impact:
Due to this issue, users cannot move discrete jobs using MES.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document