Last updated on MARCH 08, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Enterprise Asset Management - Version 12.1.3 to 12.2.5 [Release 12.1 to 12.2]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When creating an EAM reference field longer than 241 characters in a resource transaction, the transaction is never created. Also, if the reference field length is 240, the transaction becomes a pending resource transaction and is never successfully processed
The reference field length should not stop a resource transaction from being created or processed.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Responsibility = Maintenance Super User
2. Navigation = Work Orders-> All
3. Create a Work Order
4. Add resource transaction with a reference and a comment 240 characters long. The transaction is applied without error.
5. Add resource transaction with a reference and a comment 241 characters long. The transaction is applied without error.
6. Responsibility = Enterprise Asset Management (EAM)
7. Navigation = Resource Transactions-> Pending Resource Transactions
8. Find the transaction with comment length of 240 characters
9. The transaction with a comment of 241 characters is not found
10. Navigation = Resource Transactions-> View Resource Transactions
11. The transaction with a comment of 241 characters is not found
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms