Last updated on FEBRUARY 16, 2016
Applies to:Oracle Transportation Management - Version 6.3.4 to 6.3.8 [Release 6.3]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Accessorial Cost calculation from Rate Factor is coming out wrong due to decimal storage in the database
Steps to reproduce:
1. Navigate to Contract and Rate Management -> Power Data -> General -> Rate Factor
2. Search for Rate Factor Source
3. Actions -> Process Unprocessed Rate Factors
4. Navigate to Contract and Rate Management -> Contract Management -> Rate Record
5. Search for Rate Record associated with the rate factor rule
6. Edit and go to "Accessorials" tab
7. Click on the Accessorial Cost (starts with "RF")
Notice the charge is:
Charge 8740.1293 ZAR PER Buy Shipment
According to the math, it should be: 1048.47*0.08336/0.01 = 8740.04592.
However OTM is using the NEXT cost row (for 1048.48000), which is: 1048.48*0.08336/0.01 = 8740.12928 (rounded to 8740.1293).
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms