Last updated on MARCH 28, 2016
Applies to:Oracle Internet Expenses - Version 12.2.4 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
User enters a 2 day meals Per Diem expense
- Start Date - June 17, 2015, End Date = June 18, 2015, Number of Days =2,
- Location Entered = New York (note, meals Per Diem for the New York is $71 / day, with this breakdown...
Breakfast = 12, Lunch = 18, Dinner = 36, Incidental Expenses = $5)
- note, user enters a Free Meal (Dinner) for June 18, 2015
- the iExpense App shows per diem calculation as
Date=June 17, 2015, Per Diem Amount = 53.25, Meals Deduction = , Reimbursable Amount =17.25
Date=June 18, 2015, Per Diem Amount = 53.25, Meals Deduction = 0, Reimbursable Amount =53.25
Total Reimbursable = 70.25
(i) The Per Diem schedule is setup with 'First and Last Days Rates':
- First Day Percentage = 75%
- Last Day Percentage = 75%
The Free Meals Deduction is calculated as a Percentage and the rate is
Breakfast = 100%
Lunch = 100%
Dinner = 100%
The client expects that the Free Meal Deduction should use the 'first and last day of travel' rule.
Government employees can only be reimbursed for 75% of the applicable per diem on the first and last day of travel.
So, when user enter a Free Dinner Meal on first day of travel - the free meal deduction should be 75% * 36 = $27
- recall that the normal Dinner Meal per diem is 36
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms