BI Publisher Desktop Integrator - Column Name Changes to <?ref: 0000xx?> After Importing Via Auto-Generation From an XML Data Source as RTF Layout
Last updated on FEBRUARY 29, 2016
Applies to:BI Publisher (formerly XML Publisher) - Version 126.96.36.199.x to 188.8.131.52.x [Release 11.1]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
BI Publisher 184.108.40.206, Report Post Processing
When attempting to run XML reports, incorrect output is generated after importing via auto-generation from an XML data source.
Checking the request log the following error occurs:
REP-3000: Internal error starting Oracle Toolkit.
Post-processing of request 19016891 failed at 16-FEB-2016 18:21:41 with the error message:
One or more post-processing actions failed. Consult the OPP service log for details.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Login to Oracle Application
2. Using Microsoft Word integrated with BI Publisher Desktop Integrator, import XML data file.
3. Auto-generate an initial layout.
4. Submit an XML Publisher Concurrent Request and attempt to generate the output.
5. Open and check description of each data column.
6. Confirm table column names in the XML data files have been changed into <?ref: 0000xx?>.
The issue has the following business impact:
Due to this issue, users cannot generate XML reports.
Client BI Publisher Desktop Integrator was recently upgraded to newer version.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms