Assignment Primary Flag Disappears when a Future Primary Assignment is Deleted
(Doc ID 2112042.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 13, 2019
Applies to:Oracle Human Resources - Version 12.1.3 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On 12.1 RUP 6 version of the application, In the Assignment Form
When deleting of the current Primary Assignment and making one of the other secondary assignments as Primary, removes the primary flag on the other secondary assignments for the period during which it was primary actually.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Login to "Global Super HRMS Manager" Responsibility.
2. Navigate to People > Enter and Maintain.
3. Query an employee, to whom new assignments are to be added.
4. Click on the "Assignment" Button.
5. In the Launched assignment form, create a second assignment. Make the same as Primary assignment.
6. The first assignment which was Primary before gets the primary flag unchecked Effective from the date on which the second assignment was made as Primary.
First assignment has its Primary flag checked up-to a date (One date less) on which the Second assignment is made as Primary.
7. Now create the third assignment. Make the same as Primary assignment.
8. The second assignment which was Primary before gets the primary flag unchecked Effective from the date on which the third assignment was made as Primary.
Second assignment has its Primary flag checked up-to a date (One date less) on which the third assignment is made as Primary.
9. Now delete of the Third assignment which is marked as Primary. System will prompt to choose some other assignment as Primary, as the current primary record is being deleted.
10. Select the Second assignment to be made as the Primary Assignment.
The data change got saved successfully, But it removes the Primary assignment flag of the First assignment as well for the period in which it was supposed to be the primary assignment as well.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document