Last updated on NOVEMBER 25, 2016
Applies to:Oracle HRMS (US) - Version 12.1.3 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 12.1.3 version, US Payroll - General
There is a SUI Wage Base Override in effect for Michigan at the GRE/LegalEntity. If an employee has not yet reached their wage base and have a stock option entered through the Adjust Tax Balance form which would allow them to reach their wage base, the system is using the default wage base instead of the override value. Once a regular payroll runs, after the stock option, the wage base goes back to being the overridden value.
The Tax Balance Adjustment would have taken the employee to the Override SUI Wage but the application used the system SUI Wage Base rather than the Override SUI Wage Base
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. There is a SUI Wage Base Override set up on the GRE/Legal Entity
2. There is a payroll run processed - all the wages went to SUI Taxable
3. Then there is a tax balance adjustment that should take the employee to the Override SUI Wage Base limit. The system SUI Wage Base is being used and the SUI Taxable is lower than expected
4. When the employee is paid a regular payroll, the override SUI Wage Base is then used on that payroll run
5. The SUI Taxable will met the SUI Override Wage Base when the employee is paid on a regular payroll run
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms