Mass Change Bills Of Materials Only Works If Specify Assembly (Parent Items > Items)
(Doc ID 2119714.1)
Last updated on DECEMBER 04, 2019
Applies to:Oracle Bills of Material - Version 12.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Unable to update Bills of Materials using Mass Change function to revise a part number without including the part number of the assembly.
What is working
Works fine if enter the parent item assembly on the "parent Items" section of the Mass Change Bills screen.
* Want to run for all assemblies, not just one.
Expect process to complete successfully even with blank field for assembly.
Steps - This sequence works:
1) Open 'Mass Change' function in BOM module.
2) Enter ECO Number and ECO Type with defaults.
3) Enter Assembly part number on line for 'Item'.
4) Select 'Primary' for the type of BOM being revised.
5) Go to 'Changes'.
6) Enter 'Update', then enter Component Part Number.
7) Next row automatically prompts with 'Add'.
8) Enter replacement part number.
10) Click on 'Implement'.
Steps - This Sequence is NOT working:
1) Follow same steps as above except in step 3, leave fields blank.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document