MFAR Balancing Rows Are Not Generated For Receipt Write-off
(Doc ID 2121052.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 12, 2018
Applies to:Oracle Receivables - Version 12.1.3 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On Version 12.1.3
When the seeded 'Receipt write-off Application' Journal Line type (JLT) is modified to derive a specific value for company code after copying the seeded AAD "Multi-Fund
Account Receivables Accrual - Balancing Method", the journals do not balance by Balancing Segment Value (BSV) for the write-off account and is resulting in the following error:-
The subledger journal entry does not balance by balancing segment and the
ledger option Balance Cross-Entity Journals is not enabled for the ledger NGN
Primary Ledger. Please update the balancing segment values for each line so
that they balance or enable the Balance Cross-Entity Journals option for the
ledger NGN Primary Ledger."
1. Customer needs to used MFAR
2. Profile MFAR: AR: ACTIVATE MULTI FUND ACCOUNTING EXTRACT= Yes at site level
STEPS TO REPRODUCE
Note: Primary Ledger currency: NGN
1. In Receivables responsibility, create a invoice in USD: 1000 USD
2. Create a receipt in NGN: 180000 (Note: 1 USD = 200 NGN)
3. Apply receipt to invoice (Receipt 180000 and Invoice 200000 NGN)
4. The balance amount of 200000 NGN was applied to Receipt as a -ve write-off
5. Change the seeded 'Receipt write-off Application' JLT to replace the
company segment with a constant value (Because the business wants the
write-off to be accounted in different company)
6. Now run Create Accounting and it results in the following error:-
Business wants the write-off to be accounted in different company and use
MFAR accounting for the same.
They want to capture tax through receipt write-off line.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document