Editing Step/Material Association on Recipe Designer Attempts to Create New Routing Version
(Doc ID 2121737.1)
Last updated on JANUARY 17, 2020
Applies to:Oracle Process Manufacturing Product Development - Version 12.1.3 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 12.1.3 version, PD Receipe Designer
Customer has version control for Recipes set to Yes, and version control for Routings set to Optional.
On Recipe Designer, change a Step/Material Association.
The Save As dialog box comes up, prepopulated with a new recipe version and a new routing version.
Change the routing version back to the original version.
Get Error, "Duplicate Routing"
There are three issues here:
1. Version control on routings is set to Optional, so you should be able to keep the routing version.
2. More importantly, though, the user is not changing anything about the routing. The Step/Material Association is a characteristic of the recipe, not the routing. So the setting of version control for the routing should not even be looked at. The Save As dialog box should not even include the routing on the bottom section; it should be blank just as the Formula and Formula version are blank, since neither the formula nor the routing are being changed.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Set Recipe version control to Yes, and Routing version control to Optional.
2. Retrieve a recipe on Recipe Designer.
3. Change a Step/Material Association and try to save.
The issue has the following business impact:
Due to this issue, users are forced to create new Routing versions when using Recipe Designer to change a recipe Step/Material Association.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document