Shipment Failing to Plan Due to Infeasible Service Time When Planned With Rate Service Using RatwareXL CarrierConnect And No Pickup Time Defined on the Order
Last updated on APRIL 18, 2016
Applies to:Oracle Transportation Management - Version 6.3.4 to 6.4.2 [Release 6.3 to 6.4]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
An order release has been created to be delivered from location A to location B. The shipment to be planned will use a RateWareXL CarrierConnect to rate the shipment and calculate service time.
(1) When the shipment is planned without defining early/late pickup and delivery times (leaving them null), it is planned successfully.
(2) However, when defining an early/late delivery time (without defining a pickup time to use current time) the shipment fails due to infeasible service time, although the specified delivery time is chronologically after the planned delivery day/time for the successfully planned shipment in (1).
It is expected that the shipment will be planned successfully with a feasible service time (given that the defined delivery date allows enough time for the service time) when defining early/late delivery dates and times for the same order release using the same rate service and service provider.
The issue can be reproduced with the following steps:
1. Create an order release with ship unit lines without specifying any pickup or delivery date/time.
2. Bulk plan the order release into one shipment that will use RateWareXL CarrierConnect for rating and service time.
3. The order release will be planned successfully.
4. Unassign the same order release from the shipment
5. Modify the order release by adding early and late delivery dates/times that are one day after the planned delivery date for the successfully planned shipment in step 3.
6. Bulk plan the order release and shipment planning will fail due to infeasible service time.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms