Updating Asset Number Fails with THE OBJECT VERSION NUMBER PASSED DOES NOT MATCH WITH THE ONE EXISTING IN INSTALLED BASE TABLES
(Doc ID 2129221.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 20, 2019
Applies to:Oracle Enterprise Asset Management - Version 12.1.3 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When creating asset number, an error (ORA-01403) occurs but the asset record is saved anyway.
Now, when attempting to add asset attributes, the following error occurs and the record is not saved.
The issue started after applying patch 21349448:R12.EAM.B.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Responsibility: Enterprise Asset Management.
2. Navigation: Assets -> Asset Numbers.
3. Create a new asset and receive error FRM-40735: POST-UPDATE trigger raised unhandled exception ORA-01403. This error is misleading because the asset record was saved.
4. Click on Attributes button.
5. Add attribute name and value.
6. Click Save.
7. Receive the aforementioned error.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document