Last updated on JANUARY 11, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Enterprise Asset Management - Version 12.1.3 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When creating asset number, an error (ORA-01403) occurs but the asset record is saved anyway.
Now, when attempting to add asset attributes, the following error occurs and the record is not saved.
The issue started after applying patch 21349448:R12.EAM.B.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Responsibility: Enterprise Asset Management.
2. Navigation: Assets -> Asset Numbers.
3. Create a new asset and receive error FRM-40735: POST-UPDATE trigger raised unhandled exception ORA-01403. This error is misleading because the asset record was saved.
4. Click on Attributes button.
5. Add attribute name and value.
6. Click Save.
7. Receive the aforementioned error.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms