Consumption Advice Price Break Issue: Changed Price But Consumption Uses Old Value
Last updated on MAY 02, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Inventory Management - Version 12.1.3 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
The consumption advice does not use the latest price changes when material is used, but the Blanket Purchase Order Agreement (BPA) is later changed.
Expect changes to price and price break on the blanket to impact future runs of the Create Consumption Advise.
1. Create a blanket with price and/or price breaks.
2. Receive consigned material.
3. Use material.
* At this point, check and see consigned transactions in MTL_CONSUMPTION_TRANSACTIONS.
4. Change the price on the blanket.
5. Run create consumption advise.
6. View the releases -- The wrong price before the change is used for the releases.
Incorrect pricing selecved for consignment.
This is a critical Production issue.
Results in incorrect pricing and payments to vendors impacting period revenue recognition and costing money.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms