Error in CST_EAMCOST_PUB Package Occurs When Re-Estimating Closed Work Orders
Last updated on FEBRUARY 28, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Enterprise Asset Management - Version 12.2.4 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When attempting to re-estimate closed work order in EAM Self Service (HTML), the following incorrect error occurs.
1. Invalid WIP entity type: WIP entity: xxxx in package CST_EAMCOST_PUB Procedure Compute_JOB_ESTIMATES(10).
2. Error: CST_EAMCOST_PUB.compute_job_estimate() in package CSTPECEP Procedure ESTIMATE_WORKORDER(40).
Meaningful message should be displayed in EAM Self Service side. The correct error message is disaplayed in Forms side.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Responsibility: Maintenance Super User.
2. Click on Work Orders tab.
3. Query closed work order.
4. Click on Estimate.
5. Receive the aforementioned error.
6. Go to Work Orders form (CORE) and try to estimate same work order. The following error occurs (which is meaningful):
Cannot submit for re-estimate as Work Order is not in Draft, Unreleased, Released, Compete or On-Hold status.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms