Absences Not Belonging To The Pay Period Shown In The SOE
Last updated on MAY 16, 2016
Applies to:Oracle HRMS (Australia) - Version 12.1.3 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 12.1.3 version, Australian Payroll
Absences not belonging to the pay period shown in the current SOE. Absences belonging to the subsequent pay period are shown in the current SOE when navigated from the Enter and Maintain screen (problem). However when viewing the same SOE, via the Assignment Process Results, information is correct, and absence information (or lack of) is accurately reflected.
Expect the SOE and Assignment Process results screens to match with regard to absences. The absences shown are misleading as they have not taken, nor have been paid, in the pay period for which statement of earnings are shown.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Create an absence element - Test Absence Element
2. Create the element link with a default Pay Value of $50.00
3. Create an absence type - LM Test Absence Type and associate the above absence element.
4. Create a payroll - NSWH Pay Cycle 1. Note that the pay advice date is 4 days later than the pay period end date.
5. Create an employee
6. Update the assignment
7. Create an assignment set
8. Enter an earnings element with a Pay value of $1000.00
9. Run the payroll for the pay period - 3 2016 Bi-week for the assignment
10. The pay run completes successfully. Please note that the Date Paid is 30-Jul-2015 for the pay period ending 26-Jul-2015
11. Run the pre-payments for the above pay run
12. Navigate to the SOE from the Person > Assignment > Others screen with an effective date of 30-Jul-2015
13. Create an absence for the employee as of 04-Aug-2015 which is well past the end date of the pay period - 3 2016 Bi-Week
14. Update the UB_Earnings element entry to $800.00 as of 27-Jul-2015
15. Note that the Absence element entry can also be seen.
16. Now run the Payroll run for the period 4 2016 Bi-Week
17. Navigate to the Assignment Process results screen to view the SOE. Note that absence taken is shown correctly for the SOE for the period - 4 2016 Bi-Week
18. Now navigate back to the SOE from the Person > Assignment > others button with an effective date of 30-Jul-2015. Please note although the SOE pertains to the pay period – 3 2016 Bi-Week, leave taken region shows the leave of 04-Aug-2015.
19. Now run the pre-payments for the pay period - 4 2016 Bi-Week and date track to 13-Aug-2015 which the pay advise date for the pay period - 4 2016 Bi-Week and view the SOE. (Note that the SOE is correct and pertains to the pay period - 4 2016 Bi-Week however the absence on 04-Aug-2015 is missing.)
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms