R12: PA: Questions On Use Of GL Source For Project Allocations
Last updated on OCTOBER 07, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Project Costing - Version 12.1.3 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
1) Project Allocation replication steps.
a) Project Allocation rule is setup with the following details:
Source - GL Account Code - xxxx.xxxx.xxxxxx.xxx.xxxxxxxx.xxxxxx - 100%, GL Amount Class PTD
Target - Project X - Task Y
Allocation Method - Incremental
Allocation Period Type - GL
b) Steps taken:
- Ran the PRC: Generate Allocations Transactions.
- Released the Allocation.
- Ran the PRC: Distribute Usage and Miscellaneous Costs - all Debit values created.
- Ran PRC: Generate Cost Accounting Events - it has used the Miscellaneous Transaction Clearing Account to generate the Credit, and not the Source GL Account.
Unsure on why the process is creating the Credit account from the Miscellaneous Transaction Clearing Account in Autoaccounting, and not the Source GL Account in the Project Allocation rule. The process should then CREDIT the SOURCE ACCOUNT details (from GL), but is not. The Auto Accounting makes use of the Miscellaneous Clearing Account rules and OVERWRITES the SOURCE ACCOUNT details.
2) When running the Generate Allocation Costs process, this would pick up the amount based on the Allocation Rule setup to be transferred from the Source Account, then transfer to Target Account. If the allocation process is to reduce the Source Account, cannot see how the General Ledger Source details are Credited. The allocation to the Target works - but the Source Account when it is a GL Account is NOT REDUCED.
Why are the above 2 scenarios not working?
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms